Monday, May 12, 2014

I will not be defeated!

On my hunt for a retail location.....it's not looking so good. I checked out one place, and the owner apparently didn't 'like' me or something, because he never returned my phone calls after that. I'm very disappointed in his lack of professionalism.

The next place I looked at is AWESOME......but it is a huge warehouse (10,000 sq ft!) and he wants a couple thousand dollars a month for rent. I was hoping to have a few subleaser's interested, but they aren't faring well right now and wouldn't be able to afford it. I definitely can't do the rent by myself.

I'm looking for a good 1500 sq ft to get started with. There is one place on Tower that is being renovated but they obviously aren't looking for a lease agreement until that's completed.

My only option, I think, is to start looking off of the main strip...but there aren't a whole lot of options there, either, because I want to be in on the local foot traffic. I don't want to be too far away from the heart of the city. I want to become a downtown staple!

Still plugging away at my Business Plan....will probably be looking for a CPA soon.....


3 comments:

  1. How was the place near Bocatta?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is perfect! I will blog about it when I hear back from the owner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it the place on the corner just two door south of Bocatta?

    ReplyDelete