Thursday, March 20, 2014

New Business Daydreaming

There is a yarn shop in Lakewood, Washington that I absolutely adore. What I love about it is that it is a welcoming place with lots of comfortable deep chairs, love seats, and coffee tables. It makes you want to bring your current WIP (work in progress) project and sit down, have a cup of tea, and visit with others. It's like the South's version of the barber shop. Hahaha. You feel at home.

This is what I want my place to be like. The same way I wanted my book shop to be like. Welcome! Come on in! Have a seat, pull out your yarn, and stitch away! Put your feet up, have a cup of coffee, enjoy the atmosphere and join the discussion!

The yarn shop I am interested in buying doesn't have that ambiance right now. An extra large folding table and folding chairs, that's it.

Even the containers that the yarn inventory is in -- stackable white steel wire containers! How cold and uninviting! Those of you who know me know how I love wood furniture. I think wood containers - the kind of diamond shape shelving like wine bottles are stored in - would be more warm and inviting. Hey, I will have YOU be the judge. Imagine yarn in place of what you see in these pictures:

Which is more inviting? Which would you prefer? (Of course, just the wine, right?!! Well, you are in luck, because there is a WINE BAR right across the hallway in this building!! So we don't need our own wine!)

And smells....I am all about inviting smells. I could put sachets of cedar chips in with the yarn....or, I could find a chocolate chip cookie candle. Or maybe even and oatmeal raisin candle. Anything that reminds you of your Grandma and the crafts she used to make.

Why spend a quiet night at home crocheting or knitting by yourself? Grab your WIP and come on over. We have a seat waiting for you with a nice hot cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment